Thursday, October 21, 2010

INTERNATIONAL STYLE

NAME: Anna Battista
OCCUPATION:
Journalist, Writer and Film Lecturer
HOME BASE:
Europe
HAT:
"My mum got it in Florence in the early 80s from a local milliner’s."
JEWELRY:
"I usually make my own jewelry pieces." Check out the story the toy car necklace here: http://www.irenebrination.typepad.com/irenebrination_notes_on_a/2009/10/automotive-fashion-and-quick-craft-project.html
GLASSES:
Ermanno Scervino
SHIRT:
“Diabolik” line (Spring/Summer 2010) by Sisley
TIGHTS:
Calzedonia
SKIRT:
Vintage leather skirt
SHOES:
Piampiani, Italy
COAT: Kimonoat by Camilla Wellton - http://www.camillawellton.com/

What’s your must-have item for the season?
"A bowler hat, but many years ago I got one from an obscure men’s milliner in Italy, so I guess I’m sorted!"
What shoe style are you rocking this season?
"My favorite shoes at the moment are electric blue flat lace ups (sort of jazz shoes/brogues). I have two pairs - one in patent leather and one in suede, both bought in Italy from a family-led factory based in the Marche region."
Who inspires your style?
"I guess my mother – she’s always been a great inspiration to me since I was a young girl (I’ve been stealing her hats since I was 3 years old) also the late Italian designer (though Paris-based), Elsa Schiaparelli and costume designers such as Piero Tosi and Milena Canonero."
What city has the best style?
"There are great places and amazing people with wonderful styles all over the world. I’m quite intrigued by cities like Shanghai and Hong Kong at the moment and I often wonder in which ways they will influence our styles in future."
What movie best captures your style?
"Bizarrely enough it’s a costume film, Luchino Visconti’s The Leopard. I don’t go around in crinolines and crippling corsets, but that film taught me a lot about costumes, tailoring and attention to details (it features amazing costumes designed by Piero Tosi and made by Italian tailor Umberto Tirelli)."
Who has whack style?
Iris Apfel
What trend do you want to see die?
"Come next Spring, the 70s will be all the rage again, but I wouldn’t mind seeing the 70s trend die as soon as possible!"
Last clothing item you purchased?
"A vintage skirt by Elio Fiorucci, he used to be my favorite designer when I was a young girl."
Most money you ever spent on a single item of clothing?
"€600 for a coat. I’m always keener on investing money on items that will last you forever and a good coat it’s usually a good investment."
Favorite website?
Nowness - http://www.nowness.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home